Source: The World Health Organisation
Highlights as of 27 November 2022
- Two new EVD alerts were reported from Nimule during week 47 (ending 27 November 2022) but were discarded because they did not meet EVD case definition.
- No EVD case has been confirmed in South Sudan neither from other countries neighbouring Uganda where the current outbreak is ongoing.
- Cumulatively, a total of 24 alerts have been reported from seven locations in South Sudan since September 2022.
- The Ministry of Health (MOH) with support from the World Health Organization (WHO) finalized the standard health assessment tools to be used by all partners in the EVD at risk locations.
- The Public Health Emergency Operation Centre (PHEOC) continues to conduct weekly National Steering Committee (NSC) and EVD pillars meetings with partners and stakeholders. The purpose of the meetings is to discuss and provide strategic guidance for readiness.
- Weekly sub-national task force coordination meetings are being conducted and minutes are shared for actions.
- The MOH with support from WHO and partners is finalizing the preparedness activities for the conduct of regional functional simulation exercise on public health emergency operations centre (PHEOC) planned for 06 – 07 December 2022.
- Conducted four-day national Rapid Response Teams (RRT) training for 13 RRT members to support subnational RRT trainings across the at-risk locations.
Facebook Comments Box